Friday, April 25, 2014

Joy In Grace

Absolute Joy.  That is what was felt as Scott and I were at the doctor last week.  We spent almost an hour watching Grace. She was so active, we saw her beautiful face, perfect lips, nose; a true miracle.  The entire staff at that office are just wonderful.  It started with Denise,  who has previously been a RN at a NICU.  She sat down and visited with us about all that we need to think about and what we want to do with our time with Grace.  She said, it may be short, but you can make it the best.  Jessica, the sonographer spent so much time going over each sweet part of Grace.  She let us watch her move around, explained what we were seeing, and just told us how beautiful she was.  We also had the joy of seeing Dr. Ashley again.  She did share that things haven't changed, but that was not to put a damper on our joyous afternoon.  We were so happy to have the opportunity to spend that time seeing Grace.  They let us enjoy each precious minute with our sweet girl.  Thank our Wonderful Lord for technology!! We were able to see her in such detail, I just can't tell you how much that meant to us.  Each moment was so precious with her.  We are so blessed to have such wonderful doctors surrounding us now.  Doctors make a huge difference.

I love this....it was written in a Beth Moore study: "Joy is an absolute assumption in grace.  Joy is literally written into grace! God is telling us "if you only understood what grace means and what you have received by way of it, you would never cease to rejoice!"
Easter Sunday with Mom and Dad (26 weeks with Grace!)
Blaine is really having a hard time understanding this. He has had some really tough nights lately.  I completely get it.  I don't understand it, how do I expect an 11 year old to get it.  I recently heard a song from Steven Curtis Chapman and it really made me think. "What kind of joy is this to count it a blessing to suffer?" Our suffering and sadness will be so short, compared to the eternity we will spend with her.  I do count this as a blessing, had we not ever received the joy of our Grace, we would never have the opportunity to spend this short time with her.  We wouldn't have the chance to have a precious sister and daughter in Christ waiting for us in heaven.  Sounds great....still hard to explain that to an 11 year old though.

Psalms 71:20, 23 "Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter, you will restore my life again...My lips will shout for joy when I sing praise to you."

Jeremiah 29:13  "You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all my heart."
Jack's Easter Egg says "Jack, Grace, Blaine"

1 comment:

  1. You are truly embracing God's gift of Grace to you and your complete faith in Him and His plan shows what an amazing God we serve. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Thank you for sharing this journey. I think Grace will touch more lives in her time than some people do in a lifetime. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete