Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day


Mother's Day used to be one of the hardest days of the year.  If you have ever had infertility problems, you know this day rates up there next to baby showers.  It is one that you physically have to be there, smile and pray it goes really fast!~Your heart would yearn so much to be a Mother for the angel you never knew if you would hold.
Mother's Day celebrating week 29 with Grace


My sweet Mom..so thankful to her.
After my amazing boys were born, they made it one of my favorite times of the year!  They love to pick out that "something special" that they know I will love. They give me my favorite gift ever...the homemade card where they write the things they know about mom (today's said I weigh 116 pounds!  That makes a pregnant lady smile!) We go to church and celebrate Moms.   I am so grateful and just praise the Lord for changing what used to be a sad day in my heart to such a joyous day.  I  thank our Lord that I have these two beautiful boys that have changed my life; I also pray for those parents whose hearts are aching for a child to be blessed this very year with one.  Today's Mothers Day, well, it was different.  I will write about that later though, because it is a story in it self.

My Mother in law who LOVES her kids!
I have been surrounded by wonderful Mom's...most importantly my own.  She had me in church since I can remember; she encouraged me in all that I did and most of all she loved me.  I think of my husband's mom who raised such an amazing man.  I could not ask for a better friend, husband and father to our boys. That had to be instilled from home with a Mom who taught him how to be those things.  My two grandmothers who are Godly women and raised Godly children.
Proverbs 31:28A "Her children rise up and call her blessed;"

Being a Mom is so special.  I can think of no better blessing than being called Mom.   There is a love that you have for your kids that is unexplainable.  At night as you watch them sleep, the overwhelming love that you feel.  The ache in your own heart when they hurt.  As they giggle and laugh until they can't breathe reminds you of their true innocence. I LOVE that.  I LOVE them.

My precious Nannie 
Being a Mom is Tough.  Let's be real.  You are teaching the future, daily.  You teach them not only by your guidance and words, but your example.  OHHH how that one sometimes bites me!  The decisions that you make, impact so much more than yourself, it affects who your children are learning to be.  I try very hard not to be one of those Moms that races in to save the day, they need to learn to survive on their own.  They need to learn that it is okay to hurt, because we can heal.  They need to learn to fall so they can stand back up.  That is hard though as a Mom we are given the gift of nurtures and protectors.

My Mom, grandmother, and sweet Aunts  have all taught me life lessons


Mother's day from now on is different.  No longer will it be just the boys, it will include a sweet girl whether she is here with us or she is in heaven.  I will now have an additional prayer this mother's day.  Thank you Lord, for blessing me yet again.

Mother's Day with My Favorite boys!

2 comments:

  1. I love you Deidra! You are such an inspiration to me...a sweet, Godly, strong woman and a truly amazing mother! So proud to have such a wonderful cousin to look up to!

    ReplyDelete