Thursday, March 27, 2014

Grace for the Moment

This week's message at church was on Ginormous Audacious prayers.
Celebrating week 23 with Grace!
It as usual was a great sermon by our pastor, Kris.  It made me reexamine the previous 5 months.  Have my prayers been big enough; did I have enough faith to believe?  Scott and I had a talk about it after we were home.  We have prayed, we have people surrounding us that we don’t even know that are praying.  I am praying with expectation…. I expect a miracle!  I want a miracle!  I want a miracle of healing for Grace.  I know God will do either, a miracle for her healing in heaven or earth….

So what does that mean for Ginormous Audacious prayers?
From Kris’ sermon:  Ginormous audacious prayers are:
Dependent-demonstrate God’s Glory
Specific-indicate a relationship
Persistent-patience
Expectant-know God keeps His word

I do know this is demonstrating God’s Glory.  No matter the outcome, His glory is seen the entire time.  The miracle alone of becoming pregnant.  Two people who were told they would never have kids…. God definitely demonstrated His glory.  Baby three…amazing.  The amount of prayers that go up for Grace daily, the strength that He has given us to survive this--are examples of God’s Glory demonstrated.

We are specific in our prayers, but after this sermon they have become more specific.  I now pray for absolute healing here on earth.  It is ok to pray for my wants…His answer may not be the answer I’m looking for, but I’m still going to pray for it.   

I have been so persistent in my prayer…. daily I beg him to please heal her…that I would love to keep her, hold her, raise her.  I do not want her to suffer though and that is where I understand that His answer could be healing, but in heaven. 

I do struggle with patience though.  I don’t want to wait until I get to heaven to be with her, I want it NOW…. the amazing word that has become so ever popular in our society today.  Now. 

Expectant. I know God keeps His word.  He never promised me what blessing I would have here…. He promised me that we would be together.  I do believe that.  I know that today, tomorrow and forever God is with me.  He will not forsake or abandon me.  He will be with me always.  That is how I can get through this minute-by-minute.  I don’t understand why this is happening, I don’t get it…it makes me mad…but God is with me. The hurt and sorrow I feel is only temporary to what will soon come.  My eternity will be spent with The God that has been by my side through it all.  He doesn’t promise it will be easy, but in the end we will rejoice.  I will see Grace for eternity.

Sundays are hard.  I don’t know if it is the fact that I allow myself to truly process through all that is happening or that it is just a slower day, but they are hard.  A few Sunday’s ago I had cried most all of the day.  As I was walking by a shelf that we walk by all the time, a book lying on top caught my attention.  This book has been there forever.  It is one of those little books that you have laying around, when you need a quick pick me up…as well as used for decorator space.  The book is called, “Grace for the Moment” by Max Lucado.   The title alone took my breath away.  This was another one of those moments God just shows you HE IS here.  I began to think I may just have Grace for a moment, but what a moment that is.  This is the devotional that I opened up to that Sunday.

God’s Good Timing.  Luke 18:7 God will always give what is right to his people who cry to him night and day, and he will not be slow to answer them.
Why does God wait until the money is gone? Why does he wait until the sickness has lingered?  Why does he choose to wait until the other side of the grave to answer the prayers for healing?  I don’t know I only know his timing is always right.  I can only say he will do what is best…though you hear nothing, he is speaking.  Though you see nothing, he is acting.  With God there are no accidents.  Every incident is intended to bring us closer to him.


Goodness…Another answer to prayer.  At the moment that I was feeling alone and was questioning again…he answered. He gave me a reminder….there are no accidents.  This incident is for a reason. Thank you.  Thank you God for creating our three beautiful miracles.  Thank you for allowing us the moment that we have, even if it is short.  He gave us Grace, Grace for the moment.  If he didn't give her to us, we wouldn't have the opportunity to spend the rest of our lives in heaven with her.  We wouldn't see two boys already love her and have such compassion for her.  

We were excited to be able to hear her sweet heartbeat again this week.  I keep telling Scott for her to only have half of her heart working, she has the strongest heartbeat I could ever imagine.  Praise God for the beautiful sound of a miracle.  A miracle that I am blessed to be a part of.

I love this song…so true every day.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cH_LLGiE0f0

No comments:

Post a Comment