Thursday, June 5, 2014

Seeing Jesus, held in His arms

Ezekiel 1:28
Like the appearance of a rainbow in the clouds on a rainy day, so was the radiance around him.

This is what I know my Gracie was able to see when she met Jesus....radiance.  Absolute radiance. She has met Him and I know He is holding her.  I'm so sad that I didn't get to, but I know she is in the most beautiful hands.  I can't wait until the day that I get to meet the precious soul that has changed my life forever. 

I knew...Down deep in my heart, over the last week I had been preparing myself for yesterday.  The sadness that had come over me the previous weeks and the emotional heartache....I knew the time was close.  I didn't want it to be, but I knew.  Several things this week has had God's very visible handwriting on them.  
*Sunday's, Sunday school class started with "Why bad things happen?"  Great question. 
*At church I was questioning why...and I looked up on the back wall where they had several words written on a poster and Grace was written with the word Faith under it.  It was so visible, like it was written there specifically for me, a message from God. 
*A bible study that I went to on Tuesday night was right on target in talking to me.  The exact questions she stated in the video was "Why would you take a baby?"   Doesn't get any more obvious than that does it?  The study was about the names of God and this study had....El Roi, meaning God who sees. He can see it before it is to be.  He keeps you, He watches over you. 
Romans 8:28
28 And we know that all things work together for good for those who love God, who are called according to his purpose,

I know our sweet Grace has a purpose.  He knew her, He planned for her and He is using her in some great way.  

*A devotional book that had been given to me yesterday (because He is El Roi and sees what is to come) by a sweet group of ladies started with this:
Welcome Challenging times as opportunities to trust me.  You have me beside you and My Spirit within you, so no set of circumstances is too much for you to handle. (Jesus Calling)

Yesterday we had decided we were going to take the boys for the first time to see Grace's sono.  I had a feeling that we shouldn't take them, but we did.  I had asked this same group of ladies to pray for us, because you never know the outcome of these visits.  On the drive over, I was so sad thinking this would be the last time that we would see our sweet girl on the screen, she would be here so very soon.   I have looked forward to each visit that we have had seeing Grace.    

The boys waited in the main office and we went back to a sono room. I knew as soon as she turned on the picture and nothing was moving our Grace was now in the arms of Jesus. 

Dr Ashley and Denise (nurse) were absolutely amazing.  Not good news for us, but such loving people to be there in the midst of it.  The hearts of these ladies with the job they do, God could have placed no better doctor and nurse in our lives at that moment.  I know the prayers were working and God was with us, because we were able to keep it together until we arrived back home and told the boys.  I'm sure they knew something wasn't right, but we made it home.  We had told the boys the sono machine wasn't working correctly, just so we didn't have to tell them in the doctor's office.  

We go in to the hospital later today (Thursday).  Dr. Ricks thinks she may be delivered tomorrow. I was hoping this was a dream, but I did wake up this morning at 4 and it was not a dream.  My heart is aching, I just want to hold her...I pray that we can.

Isaiah 41:10
Don’t be afraid, for I am with you!
Don’t be frightened, for I am your God!
I strengthen you—
yes, I help you—
yes, I uphold you with my saving right hand!

Psalms 57:1-2
Have mercy on me, O God! Have mercy on me!
For in you I have taken shelter.
In the shadow of your wings I take shelter
until trouble passes. 
2 I cry out for help to the sovereign God...
As I watch the beautiful sunrise and look up to heaven this morning, this verse was brought to me.
Psalms 57:10
For great is your love, reaching to the heavens; your faithfulness reaches to the skies.
I know she is in heaven this morning.  I can't imagine a more beautiful place to be.  Thank you God, for having this brief time with Grace.  God's Grace.







6 comments:

  1. Scott,
    You and your wife and family are in my prayers at this difficult time.
    Angela Hernandez

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying you get to touch and snuggle your little girl. May these memories grow to b sweeter as u finish your time on earth. Your testimony shines brighter as you have praised God through it all. Praying for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your entire family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for God's peace and comfort during this time. My heart is breaking for you as you go through this. As our pastor is known for saying...but we do not grieve as a people without hope, we grieve as a people with GREAT hope...because we know exactly where your precious Grace it. God has already used Grace in a mighty way, as evidenced in your's and Scott's testimonies. We love you, and pray that you will fell God's comforting arms around you. May he lift you up, and hold you close.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking about yall & youre in our prayers. One day we will all be able to see the precious angels we've lost once we get to heaven. What a day of rejoicing that will be!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grace Elizabeth may not be big in stature but she will forever have a large and loving presence in our family. God has a purpose for her and has already taken her home. Our lives will be forever changed by her. God Bless all of you. Aunt Karen

    ReplyDelete