Thursday, June 19, 2014

The Journey Home

June 19
It has been exactly one week since we had Grace’s celebration.  I can’t imagine it being any more perfect than it was.  The day was an absolute gift from our Heavenly Father.  The weather was beautiful; the birds chirping, a light breeze blowing in the wind, the sun shining God’s light all around us.  Perfection.  We were surrounded by our precious family and amazing friends that have walked this journey hand in hand with us.  The service was so special.  Scott, Blaine and Jack carried our beautiful angel in with her sweet grandpa close behind.  I was so proud of them, her brothers were so strong.  Scott had said since the beginning that he wanted to carry her down the aisle, not to her future husband, but this time to her Heavenly Father.  We all know she was already with our Heavenly Father, but this was for us. 
Kris preached as Kris always preaches….amazing.  He spoke of how we aren’t given grace until it is needed.  Those words have been with me since he said them in a service long ago that he preached before our Grace was ever conceived. Those words came to me the day I was in the shower many months ago and I was so angry that something was wrong with our baby.  The same day that God told me He had given us Grace;  grace to be able to make it through this time, and a baby girl who we were to name Grace. Those same words rang again so many months later. You aren’t given grace, until grace is needed.  Ephesians 4:7 says "But to each one of us grace has been given as Christ apportioned it."  We have walked and are continuing this journey by God's amazing grace.  There is no other way around it.  We would have never made it through this time without God's grace.

One of my favorite things at the service was all of our family and friends signing Grace’s vault.
The boys had spent several hours the night before writing words of wisdom from her brothers inside the vault.  They were having a very difficult time seeing her tiny casket at the funeral home.  Once they realized they could write on the vault; that changed their entire evening.  They tried thinking of all the life lessons they could give her and shared them through pictures and words.  A few special ones were: don't listen to dares; always obey your parents; and a personal favorite...never listen to a clown.  
We ended our beautiful service releasing 5 balloons; a light pink one for each of us and a special pink one for Grace.  Jack was a little sad as we realeased them, he didn’t sign his name on his balloon and he was very worried that Grace wouldn’t know that it was from him.


I had woke up that morning struggling with getting through the day.  I prayed that God would give me the strength to do this. I then opened up my devotional and the first words were “Let ME Help you get through this day.”  God has not stopped walking hand in hand with us each moment.  I know He never would, but it has been so nice to get visible affirmations as well.  
The days since have been tough.  I know it takes time.  We have received more blessings from others than I could ever list, and we have appreciated every single one.  We pray for each person that has sent a card, text, food, gift and are so thankful to be surrounded by those that love us and our amazing sweet baby Grace.  

The boys had VBS this week and a friend sent me this picture.  She said they were salt painting words they think of when they hear Jesus's name.  This was Blaine's word.

Thank you, Jesus.  
2 Peter 3:8 "But do not forget this one thing, dear friends:  With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day."
We will see you in less than an hour and a half sweet girl. 

2 comments:

  1. words cannot describe my admiration for your family's faith and strength, giving all the glory to God. I've read your posts and cried many tears along with your family. I know you from afar, as a fellow sister in Christ, fellow church member and WISD parent. And you are so right, God gives us Grace when we need it. Such a powerful yet precious gift. God bless you and your family my sister in Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe all our paths cross for a reason. We are placed here to impact others on journeys yet to come. Our crossing path has given me strength, a stronger warrior for Christ, and a solid model for others. Love you all.

    ReplyDelete